Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A New Pattern! A Simple Bookmark

Well...I've been busy...sorta... Oh well, any who, I did make a new bookmark for me to use out of some old crochet thread that I found. I created it because I couldn't find anything that I liked that was super-simple. As always I'm making it a free pattern with the usual disclaimer. In case you are like me and are absent minded or you are a first-time visitor to my blog, feel free to look at my other patterns and read aforementioned disclaimer. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions or comment or post them here.

A Simple Bookmark

Supplies:
a size 7/ 1.65mm steel hook
crochet thread/ string (whatever color you want)
needle to weave ends (unless you use the hook to do that)

Pattern:
  1. Chain 2 and 10 double crochet into the 2nd stitch from hook, slip stitch into the chain 2 (10 stitches)
  2. Chain 2, 2 double crochet into each stitch, slip stitch (20 stitches)
  3. Chain stitch until the chain is about 12 inches long or desired length
  4. double crochet 6 times into the 2 stitch from hook (6 stitches)
  5. Chain 2, 2 double crochet in to each stitch (12 stitches)
  6. Chain 2, 2 double crochet in first stitch, 1 double crochet in the next, repeat the pattern[there should be 2 double crochets every other stitch](18 stitches)
  7. Finish off and weave ends


And there you have it! Quick and easy to do! I was able to do this while watching an episode of True Blood last night, and finished it before the episode ended. Like I said before the normal disclaimers apply. Happy hooking!!!

2 comments: